How Much Can a 2020 Toyota Tacoma Tow?
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma has a maximum towing capacity of 6,800 pounds when properly equipped, but different configurations have different capabilities. Regardless of which model you choose, the new Tacoma is built to handle tough jobs around Santa Cruz and beyond! Just because the top Tacoma trim can tow 6,800 pounds, though, doesn’t mean that you necessarily need that much — so, by trim level, how much can a Toyota Tacoma tow?
2020 Tacoma Towing Capacity by Trim
- Base Tacoma and SR5: Up to 3,500 pounds.
- Base Tacoma and SR5 with Towing Package: Up to 6,400 pounds
- When equipped with an optional 3.5L V6 and Towing Package: Up to 6,800 pounds
Models equipped with the optional 3.5L V6 engine and Towing package can also handle up to 1,440 pounds of payload. Suffice to say that this capable compact pickup truck is as good for towing a boat for some weekend leisure as it for towing and hauling heavy cargo to and from a job site around Monterey.
Performance Features of the 2020 Tacoma
For starters, you can choose from two engine options with the 2020 Tacoma:
- Base Engine: 2.7L four-cylinder that produces 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque
- Optional Engine: 3.5L V6 that produces 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque.
And while the engine is the beating heart of this pickup truck, it’s loaded with additional features to help you maximize its capabilities.
- Toyota Tacoma Tow Package: Helps you maximize the truck’s hauling potential by including smart features like Trailer-Sway Control, which manages engine torque and applies brake pressure to individual wheels to help you maintain control of your trailer.
- Two Transmission Options: The new Tacoma is available with either a six-speed manual or six-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i).
- Composite Bed With 120V Outlet: The Tacoma’s bed is made of a fiber-reinforced Sheet-Molded Composite (SMC) surface to handle tough impacts from rough services while looking great for years. The available outlet in the truck bed gives you additional versatility.
Drive the 2020 Tacoma at Santa Cruz Toyota
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma’s towing capacity is truly impressive, but it’s got lots of other merits, too, including cutting-edge technology and exceptional comfort features. To take a test drive, just make the trip from Aptos to Santa Cruz Toyota in Capitola, CA. In the meantime, you can contact us with any questions or apply for financing online.
More About Toyota Models
The 2020 Toyota Corolla’s ratings reach up to 53 mpg city and 52 mpg highway** with the Hybrid LE trim. Even if you don’t select the most efficient model, you’ll find stunning fuel economy throughout the lineup to make you Santa Cruz commutes more affordable than ever. View Corolla Inventory 2020 Corolla Details What is the…
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma has a maximum towing capacity of 6,800 pounds when properly equipped, but different configurations have different capabilities. Regardless of which model you choose, the new Tacoma is built to handle tough jobs around Santa Cruz and beyond! Just because the top Tacoma trim can tow 6,800 pounds, though, doesn’t mean that you…
The 2020 Toyota 4Runner’s towing capacity is 5,000 pounds,* making it a true powerhouse in addition to a versatile option for families around Santa Cruz and Monterey. It’s not just what’s under the hood that enables this midsize SUV to handle so much weight — there’s plenty of brain behind the brawn, with lots of towing-specific…