2022 Toyota Highlander Towing Capacity
Curious how much a Toyota Highlander can tow? When properly equipped, the 2022 Toyota Highlander towing capacity reaches an impressive 5,000 pounds. That means your new Highlander can pull a small boat or trailer to make your next getaway near Santa Cruz even more memorable. Learn more about what and how much a Toyota Highlander can tow with the team at Santa Cruz Toyota.
Highlander Towing Capacity and Performance
The Highlander towing capacity is made possible by its advanced 3.5L V6 engine rated at 295 hp and 263 lb-ft of torque. How much can a Toyota Highlander tow thanks to this powertrain? As previously mentioned, the Toyota Highlander towing capacity maxes out at 5,000 pounds with this engine and the optional tow package. Additional features that enhance 2022 Highlander performance on and off Watsonville roads include:
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive (TV-AWD): Improves responsiveness and stability; distributes more power to the wheels that need it most.
- Multi-Terrain Select: Available on models with all-wheel drive; provides four modes – Mud & Sand, Rock & Dirt, Snow, and Normal – for enhanced traction.
- Drive Modes: Offers Sport Mode for sharp acceleration, Eco Mode for optimal fuel efficiency, and Normal Mode for a blend of efficiency and performance-oriented driving.
Toyota Highlander Towing Capacity: Hybrid Models
Can a Toyota Highlander tow with a hybrid engine? Yes! With the 2.5L L4HV 4-cylinder engine and two electric motors, you can expect 243 hp, 175 lb-ft of torque, and a Toyota Highlander towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. This powertrain is paired with an Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission and achieves an EPA-estimated 35 mpg city and 35 mpg highway. Take advantage of the following features as well:
- Drive Mode Select: Offers Sport Mode, Eco Mode, Normal Mode, EV Mode, and Trail Mode.
- Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive: Promises all-weather capability; utilizes a dedicated electric drive motor to automatically supply power to the rear wheels.
What’s more, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid is classified as a Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle 30, so it proves itself eco-friendly while simultaneously providing ultimate utility with such a strong Highlander towing capacity.
Test Drive the Toyota Highlander Near Santa Clara
Test drive the Toyota Highlander near Santa Clara today at Santa Cruz Toyota! Connect with our team to schedule a test drive, and don’t forget to explore our new vehicle specials to find out how you can save while accessing all of the Highlander’s capabilities.
More from Santa Cruz Toyota
After more than two decades of hiatus from the U.S. market, the Toyota Supra is back with more power and performance than ever before. Are you curious about what you can expect from the 2023 Toyota GR Supra specs? From the experts at Toyota Gazoo Racing, the new Toyota GR Supra has been engineered…
If you’re looking for a powerful and reliable pickup truck with impressive towing capabilities, the Toyota Tundra is for you! Known for its robust performance and unyielding strength, the Toyota Tundra has become a top choice for Santa Cruz truck enthusiasts and professionals. Let’s dive deep into the Toyota Tundra towing capacity, the Toyota Tundra tow…
There is a lot for Capitola drivers to admire about the new Corolla, inside and out. But we’d like to tell you about the impressive Toyota Corolla interior. For example, the Toyota Corolla dimensions reveal plenty of legroom for you and your passengers. We go into the details below, including a list of the…